im making friends with the netflix customer service guy
how sweet of you
I’M TALKING TO A DIFFERENT ONE AND TROY ASKED ABOTU ME
When a movie is so good that the DVD release doesn’t even have to put a title anywhere on the case
Stana: Hi guys! We did this challenge because so many of our friends and so many of you challenged us, but mostly we did this because we were inspired by Anthony Carbajal’s ALS challenge video.
Jon: We thank all of you for challenging us, but Anthony showed us how real ALS is and what our pledges really mean to the cause.
Seamus: So instead of nominating someone specific, we challenge everyone out there who has not done the ice bucket challenge to go out and do it and please donate. (x)
Here’s a thing I’ve had around in my head for a while!
Okay, so I’m pretty sure that by now everyone at least is aware of Steampunk, with it’s completely awesome Victorian sci-fi aesthetic. But what I want to see is Solarpunk – a plausible near-future sci-fi genre, which I like to imagine as based on updated Art Nouveau, Victorian, and Edwardian aesthetics, combined with a green and renewable energy movement to create a world in which children grow up being taught about building electronic tech as well as food gardening and other skills, and people have come back around to appreciating artisans and craftspeople, from stonemasons and smithies, to dress makers and jewelers, and everyone in between. A balance of sustainable energy-powered tech, environmental cities, and wicked cool aesthetics.
A lot of people seem to share a vision of futuristic tech and architecture that looks a lot like an ipod – smooth and geometrical and white. Which imo is a little boring and sterile, which is why I picked out an Art Nouveau aesthetic for this.
With energy costs at a low, I like to imagine people being more inclined to focus their expendable income on the arts!
Aesthetically my vision of solarpunk is very similar to steampunk, but with electronic technology, and an Art Nouveau veneer.
So here are some buzz words~
Tailors and dressmakers!
Stained glass window solar panels!!!
Education in tech and food growing!
Less corporate capitalism, and more small businesses!
Solar rooftops and roadways!
Communal greenhouses on top of apartments!
Electric cars with old-fashioned looks!
No-cars-allowed walkways lined with independent shops!
Renewable energy-powered Art Nouveau-styled tech life!
Can you imagine how pretty it would be to have stained glass windows everywhere that are actually solar panels? The tech is already headed in that direction! Or how about wide-brim hats, or parasols that are topped with discreet solar panel tech incorporated into the design, with ports you can stick your phone charger in to?
(((Character art by me; click the cityscape pieces to see artist names)))
i am so into this wow
sign me the fuck up
I want a solarpunk future. *_*
SOLARPUNK OH MY GODDDDDD i love it
CURVY ORGANIC LINES, REFLECT NATURE, FLORALS VEGETATION, UGHHHH I WANT IT
is anyONE ELSE JUST SO EXCITED FOR PUMPKINS AND HOT CHOCOLATE AND HaLLOwEEEEN AND SPOOKY MOVIES AND FAIRS AND KNEE SOCKS AND PUMPKIN LATTES AND BIG BLANKETS AND COZY CUDDLY SWEATERS AND PRETTY LEAVES AND i just started crYING
This is a masterlist of real guides and tutorials for survival skills that would be useful for a character in a zombie apocalypse or survival setting. (Or for you, if you’re ever lost/stranded in the woods or caught in an otherwise dangerous/desolate situation without essential food, tools, or shelter.)
Please like if useful/reblog if RPH.
Bold: video guide
Regular: Text/graphic guide
Food and water:
- How to open a can with a spoon
- How to open a can without any tools
- How to filter water using a tree branch
- How to bake bread outdoors
- 5 Different ways to bake bread over over a campfire
- How to catch fish without a pole, using a net
- 5 edible plants found in the wild
- How to fill your canteen from a tree
- How to spear fish
- Wild plants you can eat
- How to weave a fishing net
- How to carve a needle and gauge for net weaving
- How to make a fishing rod using a stick
- How to make rawhide skin
- How to make a squirrel snare
- How to make a trap for small game
- The best bushcraft campfire set up [Parts 1, 2, 3, 4]
- How to make rope (no tools)
- How to make rope/cording from bark
- How to make char cloth
- How to make a crawfish/crawdad spear
Shelter & Heat
- How to build a snow shelter (quinzhee)
- How to build a free-standing debris shelter
- How to build a free-standing debris shelter (no tools)
- How to build a raised-bed for your shelter (no tools)
- How to build a dugout shelter (no tools)
- How to build a fire on damp ground
- How to start a fire with sticks
- How to start a fire using a soda can
- How to make an all-night fire
- How to start a fire with water
- How to start a fire with urine
- How to carve an obsidian arrowhead
- How to make a quick arrow
- How to make a survival bow and arrow
- How to make a spear
- How to make a 4-pronged spear
- How to make a Molotov Cocktail
- How to make gunpowder and detonation devices
- How to make smoke bombs
Health and medicinal
- How to make antiseptic mouthwash with barberry
- How to make a willow toothbrush
- Wilderness first aid plants [Part 1, 2]
- How to make willow bark medicine (anti-inflammatory)
- Uses for plantain weed
- Using yarrow for cuts/wounds
- How to make an all-natural bodywash using plants
- Smoke Baths & Deodorant
A drawing of Hamlet's Ophelia, artist and date unknown.
"I brought Amy out here because we’re about to introduce Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, our next two presenters and it’s a big deal to introduce them. So because of that, we wanted to make sure we gave them the best possible introduction so we wrote a bunch of them and if you don’t mind, we’re just going to read through them now."
Breaking news: White fuckboys on twitter bitching how funny it is that Beyoncé is a feminist when she and her dancers were provocative and half naked. Despite feminism being about empowerment and a woman’s right to do whatever the hell she pleases with it, they just don’t seem to be able to grasp this concept.
In other news, men still don’t know what feminism is, still bitter that they aren’t Beyoncé and still making themselves look like asses on the internet.
And now the weather.
I bet 5 minutes later they slid up in some DM’s asking for nudes
[t h a n k y o u . i know that was a risk.] you wouldn’t expect me to be less bold than a w e e s a s s e n a c h l a s s i e , w o u l d yo u ?c: […] i’m in charge.
j: never doubted it.
The 5 times Sokka forgot Toph was blind and the time he didn’t.
i used to be so picky about what i post and reblog but it’s just slowly deteriorated into a state of “why not”
What d’ya think?